T Minus A Week

 


It's so crazy to believe that in less than a week my 2024 season will have started. More specially my 20th Season as well as Second Decade in running open ups. I honestly wasn't sure I'd make it to this point in my running (or even triathlon) career. There have been many reasons to stick with the sport(s) I have fallen in love with but there have been reasons the past several seasons to have stepped away. I'm happy and grateful I never walked away.  Next Sunday I 
am running the Bishops Events Dash Around The Point 5k at Hains Point in Washington DC. It's a benchmark race to see where my run fitness is for the upcoming triathlon as well as running season. It's a pretty flat out and back course along the water at East Potomac Park. I talked one of my friends James; who I've been friends with for 12 years now to join in on the fun. James admitted it was me that influenced him to start running and even though he hasn't ran a lot in the past few years; it'll be amazing to share the course with him. I have a goal for this race based on my training runs but whatever happens; I'm grateful that 20 years later I am able to do this. I'm dedicating each race of this momentous and celebratory season to someone very special who has had an impact on me throughout this journey. I'll reveal in my post race blog who the opening race goes to. Until then y'all... It's Race Week and I'm ready to celebrate with all the joy in the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition

Coming Up...