Celebrating Myself

Something Special Was Going To Happen


I'm a little late to post (I was hoping to get it done over the weekend but life happened) this very exciting blog post but here it is. Sometime during my 2022 Season of Triathlon and Taking Running Seriously (Season 18) I started to think how amazing it was that through all the good and not so good seasons; I was still training for and completing races in the sport. There were so many moments in which I thought I'd take a break or even just completely leave the sport(s) all together BUT if you know me I don't give in or give up easily. I started thinking about how my 20th season in 2024 would come quickly and I wanted a way to celebrate such a massive and huge accomplishment of longevity in the sport. I started thinking about doing a custom design for a triathlon kit and possibly a run tank to wear proudly during my 2024 Season. Before the start of my 2023 Season (Season 19); I had picked which triathlon apparel company I was going to work with to design something that would truly show how I have evolved as an individual through the sport.



Realizing Who I Truly Am

Through many years of conversation with my therapist and stories I would share with her; she helped me realize something I never thought. I couldn't tell you about all the girl crushes I've had since I was a pre-teen. The list is forever long and a majority of them were triathletes; whether professionals or amateurs that I've met or just watched over the years. But for me it was more than just a crush; no matter whose name I had mentioned in a story. At the end of 2019 I did the most courageous thing I've ever done which was harder than any race I've ever completed; I came out. So now I had a brand spankin' new community I was part of; the LGBTQ community. I was in my therapists' office with the twinster and Dad as they would be the first to know. It was a hard moment in which I tried getting my therapist to tell them the news but yeah right; it was my news to tell so guess who got to spill the beans? Once they knew; I was able to breathe again as I was very anxious about what reactions I might have gotten. Slowly I chose to let more friends and family know of the news and it felt good to get it out. This discovery continues to shape who I am becoming as I continue to navigate this community and how to be part of it.

   



Not Being Afraid To Show My True Colors

To be completely honest; it's taken alot of courage for me to celebrate myself. The whole point of doing this custom design that I will be sporting during my 2024 Season and for many seasons to follow is a creative way for me to celebrate myself and all that I've accomplished; both inside and outside the sport. Sometimes as hard as it's been to celebrate myself as an athlete; it's also been hard from time to time to celebrate me figuring out who I am. I've always been a late bloomer; so it's no surprise that it's taken so much time for me to learn how to celebrate all of my accomplishments. I love this design and will wear it loud and proud when training and racing. As I get closer to a season full of celebrating longevity in the sport; I can't forget to celebrate how the sport has helped me evolve into the person I am today. Cheers to the journey that lies ahead of me. A huge thank you to InnerforceSports for helping me design a kit that helps me celebrate who I am.

Comments

Great update! It IS time to Celebrate yourself. Looking forward to following you in the 2nd decade of triathlons!

Popular posts from this blog

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition

Coming Up...