Change of Plans for the Fall

 So since I last wrote on my blog; there been a change of plans for my fall running season. I sold my bib for the Marine Corps Marathon which would have been on Sunday October 29. I had no desire to do super long runs. My head wasn't in it and neither was my heart. The marathon sold out and filled up pretty quickly so I put my bib up for sale through the MCM marketplace and the rest is now history. To be honest I'm done with super long distances for now with running (and triathlon). I want to build the confidence and speed up before I go long course racing again; so short course racing it is.




Let's just call this 13.1 miles of running I'm doing as part of the inaugural IRONMAN 70.3 Jones Beach NY a party. My very dear friend Adina is celebrating her birthday on Saturday September 23rd so a bunch of us are part of relay teams for the 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, and 13.1 mile run that makes up a half iron man distance triathlon. When Adina started planning out her birthday triathlon relay teams; I was originally a back-up runner but then all the sudden whoever it was changed their mind, so here we are. The run course is a 2 loop course; you go out do a loop two times then come back to the finish line. I'm not very well trained for this half marathon distance run but with right now (fingers crossed it stays that way) with high temps in the low 70s under overcast skies I shouldn't have issues. The plan is not to walk; except a few of the aid stations (if needed). I'm really excited to help Adina celebrate her birthday (she's the swimmer of the relay I'm on) and just spend quality time with some good friends who I consider my family. 




After I decided to say who cares about Marine Corps Marathon and sold my bib; I knew that the Rockville 10k would turn into my main fall running race. This will be my 4th time running this local fall 10k. It's a fun course; though very hilly and challenging at points. But I love supporting the Montgomery County Road Runners and this is just a good old time. Plus; I've learned to LOVE and respect 10ks so much more than I ever have. After I run the half marathon end of September I'll turn my focus to lots of speed work and hill repeats so I can be happy with my performance; and maybe even surprise myself like I have in the past every single time I've done this race.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition

Coming Up...