This Should Happen...


For so many years now I've been talking about doing an open water 5k swim race. Well I'm glad I started looking into local-ish options earlier this week. It's a 2.5 hour drive from me but I found one. It's in Quakertown PA and put on by Steelman Racing on Sunday August 20th. It's a 3 mile swim race but well for me it will be 3.1 miles because I always swim well off course. The loop is .5 miles so it will be 6 loops but that's fine. I like loops for swimming especially when it's a longer distance. I'm really excited about finally achieving a goal that I've talked about for so long now. Swimming in the open water is much better than a pool in my opinion. I also want to see what it's like to swim a longer distance without having to bike and run after. I'll definitely be signing up sooner than later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition

Coming Up...