Six Days Apart

The countdown is now down to 6 days until the Montgomery Ancient Mariners Albatross Open at Kennedy Shriver Aquatic Center in Rockville, Maryland and 12 days until Zones at George Mason University in Fairfax, Virginia. At Albatross I am swimming the 100 Meter Butterfly and the 100 Meter Breaststroke; while at Zones I'm swimming the 1650 Yard Freestyle aka The Mile. Both masters swim meets will be fun but will have some challenges. Albatross will be a challenge because this will be the FIRST Albatross without my sweet friend Margot Pettijohn; who passed away in December after a short and intense battle with Lung Cancer. I'm swimming the 100 Fly and 100 Breast because she ALWAYS swam those among many other events at Albatross. I am solely dedicating Albatross to Margot. I really don't care much about my seed times and if I am able to swim them as put down because this meet is for Margot and NOT for times. Zones and the 1650 will bring it's own challenges because its 66 freaking lengths of the pool. I mean I LOVE distance events but 66 up and downs of the pool is a little too much. I swim the event solely to gauge my swim for triathlon season. So here we go. Two Masters Swim Meets, Two Sprint Events, One Distance Event, Six Days Apart. I. Got. This. Now if I can only remember that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition

Coming Up...