Margot Strong

It's been a super tough week for me. Part of it had to do with sweet and dear masters swimming friend Margot Pettijohn passing away after a short and intense battle with lung cancer a week ago. I've been using my off-season triathlon training as a source of comfort to help me get through this rough period. When I've posted about my training on social media I've been using the hashtag #MilesForMargot as a way to honor Margot through my training. To me it's the kindest thing I can do right now for both me and for Margot. Early in the week I cried my way through all my workouts just thinking about how much I miss Margot but then by the end of the week I was able to smile through my workouts; remembering all the good memories of her. I think she'd be happy to know that I am still doing what I love despite her not being here with us anymore. I can't really write much more about this but I just wanted to share what I was doing to keep the memory of Margot going. She is so missed; but I'll keep swimming, cycling, and running my way through this. Margot; my sweet friend, I'm dedicating my off-season and my 2019 season to you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition

Coming Up...