Tis The Season...

To start getting my butt in gear for my 2018 Triathlon Season. In FIVE weeks I will be tri-ing for the first time this season in Bear Delaware. I'm so ready to go short this this triathlon season. I'm doing two sprints and one olympic distance triathlon. The training by any means won't be easy; but I know Heather's training plans will get me ready to succeed. I just finished my first week back to regularly scheduled training. I had one rest day, three swims, three bikes, three runs, and two strength workouts. Workouts went real well to be honest. My rest day was annoying; as it usually is. I had three smooth and calm swims; even though there was plenty of FAST sets where I had to sprint to the best of my abilities. Of my three rides this week; two were done outside, one had to be done on the trainer. I've been out on my Zoom 2.0 (my triathlon bike) plenty since getting him last November; but I'm finally feeling more comfortable in my aerobars and especially when it's super windy outside. Progress on the bike is a good thing. My three runs were great. A short run, a fartlek run, and a long-ish run. I was shocked that I didn't lose all my speed I built up over the winter. I'm looking forward to seeing some time droppage on the run this year at all three triathlons. Of the the two strength training workouts; I only did one of them this week. I didn't push myself too much on the first one because I'm just getting back into it. I ended up not doing my second strength training routine for stupid reasons; but I'll be back it fully next week. Looking forward to another week of triathlon training. Looking forward to the fact that I have only a few weeks left till I get to do the sport that I love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition

Coming Up...