14 Years...

On March 13, 2004 I completed my FIRST ever triathlon in the small town of Athens Texas at the Athens Sprint Triathlon. I had to swim 300 meters in a pool, bicycle 14 miles on my road bike, then run the dreaded 3.1 mile out and back course on a cute little country road. Never ever did I think I could do it; but guess what? I DID IT. The whole thing with placing third in the gals 19 and under age group didn't matter but it was very cool that I did. I said to everyone I'd never do more than a sprint triathlon because the distance was so much. Well in 2005 I did my first Olympic distance, in 2006 I did my first Half Iron distance, and in 2008 I did and completed my first ever Ironman distance. I can't ever put into words what the sport has done for me. The people I've met have become family; the places I've raced in have been breathtaking, the journey has been life changing. I've done countless Sprints and Olympics, 7 or 8 Half Irons (I've lost count), and 3 Iron distance triathlons from 2004 through 2017. This coming 2018 season I'm focusing on shorter distance races, 2 Sprints and 1 Olympic distance triathlons. As I said earlier I just can't put into words what this port has meant. It's helped me control my depression; it's helped me become more confident (which is a work in progress still), and it's given me belief that anything is possible. I love the opportunities I have coming up to inspire and help others in the sport. I will blog about that opportunity once it becomes official. Thank you to all for the support and encouragement over the past 14 years. This sport is AMAZING and LIFE CHANGING!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition

Coming Up...