Swimming...

Today was not my day in the pool. I already knew I didn't like the specific swim workout; especially due to the fact I struggled with it two weeks ago, but I just had to get it done. I procrastinated as long as I could but almost an hour after getting to the pool; I finally dove in. Today was a struggle. I never found my happy pace in the water. Unlike two weeks ago; my mid distance swims from the workout were considerably faster but my sprint sets were considerably slower. It didn't help that for the first half of my swim I was dealing with a swimmer that kept on swimming into me. This other swimmer asked nicely about splitting the lane and then was very gracious after he kept on going over the black line and swimming into me and apologized. The second half of the swim was better because I moved to an empty lane but my swim wasn't great. The workout in total was 2900 meters and I would say maybe only 1000 of those meters were good. I've realized with this that instead of complaining about my bad days of training I should look at them as a lesson learned. I know what I can do now going from a tough Thursday night masters swim into a tough Friday morning swim on my own. I was sore and achy and happy that was over. Next Friday is a workout I've never done so I'm looking forward to it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition

Coming Up...