100 Race

The very last part of the main set at L4 Swimming masters practice involved a 100 Free RACE. I opted out of the 6x25s, 4x50s, and 2x75s Free but so bad wanted to just do the 100 Free RACE to see what I could do. I wasn't allowed to do it from a dive off the block so I did it from push off the wall. The first 25 was fast and I felt smooth. The first half of the second 25 felt strong but I struggled to keep the pace on the last half that second 25. Since I was really trying to race and I mean race this 100; I wanted equal effort on the second 50. I didn't feel as much of a need for speed come the 3rd 50 but I went the fastest I could. I made sure my last 25 was super duper strong and fast. I touched the wall and was dead tired; huffing and puffing like no other. My masters coach; Stephen, had me play the "guess your time" game. I guessed 1 minute and 35 seconds. EH... Wrong. I was literally shocked that I swam a 1 minute 24 second 100. I haven't swam that time in years. So proud of myself and my hard work in the pool. I feel faster and stronger and can't wait to see what this 2018 season holds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition

Coming Up...