Keep Calm And...

That's what I've been doing. I've been following the plans that Heather has given me to follow. I have yet to go a week a where every workout gets done in full but that's ok. Besides the Swim Bike Run life I have a life outside; sorta and shit happens as a I always put it. When I look in TrainingPeaks I'm always thinking "what is Heather trying to do". But then I'm able to answer that myself. She's trying to help me, guide me, coach me, and maybe but I'm not sure kinda maybe cheer me on (all the way from Delaware). I trust her and the advice she has given me the past month. I'm looking forward to the next 50ish days until this journey gets me to the start line at Ironman 70.3 Atlantic City. She's a great coach and as I've already announced; after my time with her is up thanks to Tri Equal, I will start paying her to coach me because she is a keeper and it's helped me so much.
But NOW and I mean NOW, I must have the confidence in myself. I've done the 1.2 mile swim 56 mile bike 13.1 mile run distance 7 or 8 times before and I can do it again. I've done it in the 100 degree heat a few times and I've done it in the 45 degree chill a few times. I'm hoping race day in Atlantic City is somewhere in between and not at one of those extremes. Even though I've missed a handful of workouts; I CAN DO THIS. My confidence has never been high; that's the truth. But a week ago, as I'm riding through the cornfields with Heather in middle of no where Delaware; I told her I feel that I can do this and have to trust those words. I LOVE this sport so much that I just have to continue loving it and respecting it and giving it my all. Tomorrow I have a 4 hour bike ride then 20 min brick run. I'm riding with one of my tri girlfriends Danielle; who is getting ready for Ironman Chattanooga end of September. She has a slightly longer ride but it'll be fun riding with her and seeing her again. The run will not be easy because knowing me I'll want to walk. I'll have to go back to last Saturday in my head when I asked Heather about walking during the brick run we did. She said she'd kick my butt; so I'll have to tell myself that tomorrow as if she were there. Now I'm getting off topic. Time to go. Onward to Ironman 70.3 Atlantic City.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition

Coming Up...