Monday, May 18, 2009

No Launch At Rocketts Landing

The weather conditions... for me... were not raceable in Richmond yesterday... after canceling the swim and turning Rocketts into a Du. When it started pouring cats and dogs outside... the current of the river was too much to have a swim... so it got canceled. As it was still pouring... the race director turned the race into a Du... and I had my decision to make. Did I want to risk racing in the rain or turn in my chip? I think I made the wrong decision to turn in my chip and forgo racing a sport that I love! What do y'all think?

More to come...

9 comments:

Missy said...

NO second guesses. It was the right decision and move forward not back. There is no sense in getting hurt or taking a risk (unless it's your A race for the year, which it's not).

Right choice!

TRI-james said...

Riding in the rain sucks - but racing in the rain? What good could come out of this?

IronBob said...

Dittos on above.
Don't look back. What is done is done. If you want rain training, do it on your time and conditions.

Maxim said...

It was VERY dangerous to bike, no wonder more than half of people left.

Amy said...

I agree -- it's SO much better to play it safe and regret missing a single race than to race in the rain, injure yourself and regret missing the whole rest of the season. Switch your focus toward the next race on the calendar and pat yourself on the back for racing smart.

Colleen said...

You would have been miserable... I think you made the right choice!

Liz said...

i agree with all, better to take the race off of the list then to be hurt and miss an impt race later on in the season.

you made the right choice!

Sweet Bea said...

I agree with everyone above - you made the right choice!

Kelly said...

It's ok. More races will come. Your next race will be sunny and hot and maybe you'll WISH you had that rain!