It's Hard To Admit


That I'm PROUD of myself. I took up triathlon 20 years ago not realizing just how life changing it would become. It's been my choice to stay in the sport even when at times (which there are so many of them) I have felt like there is no place for me and so many times I got very close to walking away. It's been good and bad as well as pretty and ugly but I'm here. It's taken so much courage to go through this journey. It's personal. It's meaningful. It's my journey to own. No one can take away what I've accomplished since 2004; whether the big wins or the little wins as they all matter. I've learned so much and I'll continue to learn as more seasons go by. 

That I'm okay with this journey being so lonely at this point. I won't take all the blame for this aspect but I will acknowledge that I could have done things differently. I'm happy that I have a small and very special supportive community surrounding me. A few have been there since the start; while many others have come and gone. I honestly couldn't be happier that I still have the support I do as it's helped me.

That I'm okay with the fact that it's taken me a long time to figure out my way to give back to the sport; doing something that hasn't been done before. It's in the works. It's important to me. Whether it gets noticed or not; I've done something really good. I am really happy for approaching my way of giving back head on with good intentions.


That I feel good enough to write this post. I haven't shared everything that's hard to admit but I know I've admitted enough for the night. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 Things I Learned During Season 20 In Triathlon

What A Weekend

Celebrating Myself