Good Training Day...

Yesterday I was coughing up a storm and just barely lasted 30 minutes on the trainer for my 1 hour 30 minute ride. I uploaded my data into Garmin Connect which then went into TrainingPeaks. My comments were as followed and I slept almost the rest of the day.
I know I ONLY got 30 minutes in today but since Thursday I've had a cold and haven't been feeling to well. Even though I was just on my trainer my legs and body in general felt very weak. I needed to try today and I really felt like crap. I just couldn't sit on my bike any longer.
Well this morning I woke up pretty early and decided to see if I could actually do my 55 minute run. Well guess what?
I actually had a damn awesome fantastic run and I mean it. It was cold this morning so I wore my Girls on the Run Coach long sleeve tech tee and shorts because it was in the mid 40s. The wind chill was known to be in the mid 30s; but I got hot early into my run. My pace started out in the 9:30 minute mile pace range which I could believe; but then it stayed there for most of my run. When I got to almost 5 miles into the run my pace was nearing the 9:40 minute mile pace range which honestly was good enough. So my run ended up being 5.64 miles at a 9:45 minute mile pace; YAY! You can see in my post run selfie that I was very HAPPY. Honestly this was the first time since running the Monster Mash Marathon about a month ago that I've been happy with a run; so that's a good thing.
So then the day went on and early in the evening I got on my trainer with a goal of completing the hour workout my coach had on my schedule for the day. The workout consisted of high cadence for what seemed like the entire hour. My legs felt great but I was not able to get my cadence past 96 rpm (revolutions per minute). At least I got my average cadence up to 80 for the hour. I'm hoping; just hoping that it translates onto the road later in the off-season and next triathlon season. I couldn't really do anything but smile because I actually made it through my bike workout.
What a difference a few days make. I'm happy I'm getting back to normal now that my cold is primarily gone. Now to stay well for the Germantown Masters Solstice Masters Swim Meet next Saturday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

Coming Up...

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition