Becoming a Sprinter

It's been almost two weeks now since I swam in the Germantown Masters Solstice Meet at the Germantown Indoor Swim Center. This time around for the first time in many years I didn't swim the 200 Butterfly, which was my favorite event. I needed a break from 8 fly lengths of the pool and I hadn't been swimming much butterfly at all so I went for a different meet lineup. How did it go?


Let's see; two new shiny personal bests and a near personal best. I swam the 100 Breaststroke in 1:48 and the 100 Freestyle in 1:29; both PERSONAL BESTS. Unfortunately the 50 Breaststroke; well it wasn't my meet. I was nearly 1.5 seconds off a personal best, swimming it in 52 seconds. I was hoping to break 50 seconds but I'll try again in March at the Montgomery Ancient Mariners Albatross Meet. I really enjoyed this meet lineup. I got to swim two events I have never swam before in short course meters (100 Breaststroke and 100 Freestyle); both being events I haven't swam in several years all together. I also got to swim an event that I really enjoy and hope to keep improving in (the 50 Breaststroke). All in all a successful, fun and rewarding masters meet to end my 2018 season.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

Coming Up...

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition