Change...

The plan was to blog more about my 2018 USA Triathlon Age Group Nationals but I'm putting that on hold for a little bit. As I come to my last triathlon of 2018 this weekend; the Kinetic Multisports North East Sprint Triathlon in North East Maryland this Sunday, I've started reflecting a little bit about the 2017 and 2018 seasons. Even though I haven't been my FASTEST these last two seasons; so many things have changed over quite some time I have been still taking on the challenges and obstacles that pertain to training for and competing in triathlons. From about 2012 through 2016; I can honestly say I was ready to quit the sport. I wasn't having fun training; I didn't like the results I was seeing; there was zero to little progress being made in the sport. Yes; in 2016 I did a HUGE thing and finished Ironman Lake Placid and FINALLY got redemption on my 2010 Blackout DNF Ironman Lake Placid, but I wasn't satisfied with the sport. Then the end of 2016 came and I made the TriEqual Equally Inspiring Team for the 2017 Triathlon Season; where I'd be getting three months of free coaching from a gal named Heather. Believe it or not; THAT changed everything. Even though my training for Ironman 70.3 Atlantic City (my goal race from her coaching me) was BRUTAL; I fell in love with the process again. Heather taught me how to have CONFIDENCE in myself again in the sport. I went and did two sprints; one in mid June and one in mid August before the real deal race in mid September. I CRUSHED my sprints and started seeing results; which helped me find TRUE LOVE with the sport again. Then Ironman 70.3 Atlantic City came in September and I did amazing. I hit my time goal, finished the race, and smiled alot that day. I'm not ready to reflect on 2018 yet because it's not over yet; as I said earlier I race Sunday. But this season; OMG people, I just truely LOVE this sport. I found my passion again. Yes; I've made progress and LOTS of it since last year but that's not all. All my friends; both in and out of the triathlon world have told me that I'm a different Marci and a different Triathlete then I had been. I owe this to my coach Heather; who yes I'm still working with. I've learned not to give her credit for many things over the past year because I'm the one doing the hard work, but well she's helped me grow tremendously. I owe her credit for helping me find CONFIDENCE and PASSION and TRUE LOVE for the sport again. Oh boy; do I #LoveThisSport and #LoveThisJourney!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

Coming Up...

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition