Twenty Times Twenty Six Point Two

That's right; this past weekend I became a marathon finisher for the TWENTIETH TIME. The total number of just miles in twenty marathons; which took me twelve years (including 2014 when I was injured and ran zero marathons) equals 524 racing miles. Wow; that's a whole lotta miles. Being a twenty time marathon finisher means so much more than anyone could ever know. I had the courage to sign up; I had the discipline to train, and the will power and mental strength to make it through each one from start to finish. Sure twenty is just a number; but it's a milestone. Most of my friends; event those in the triathlon world don't even think about doing just one marathon; me I have twenty of them to my name. To have made it to the start and reached the finish is an amazing feeling. When I got home from the Jersey Shore; I had to put all 20 marathon finisher medals on my neck. Yes; my neck was like "what are you doing to me" but just seeing through all the medals what it took to earn each one is unbelievable. Each marathon and each medal has it's own journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition

Coming Up...