Comfort Zones...

Since becoming a little more serious about my training; I like to find quotes to explain everything that goes on. This above quote applies to EVERYTHING that has encompassed my triathlon life. I was so scared to step outside my comfort zone but it has proven to be worth it. Just this morning when I completed my swim workout I swam just right outside that zone and CRUSHED the workout. I had a Main Set that freaked me out and frightened me a bit. The first part of the main set was 2x275s (11 lengths of the pool) using my paddles and breathing bilateraly (breathing to both sides). I've gotten used to breathing to just one side; lately it's been the left side. As I swam these 2x275s I made sure to push the pace and breathe to both sides; cause you never know which side of the buoys you're swimming on race day. I pulled out splits on both 275s that were under 5 minutes. WooHoo. Next came 3x250s as 100 swim (in which I did free) then 50 SPRINT kicking to end with another 100 swim. The 100 swims I was fine with; piece of cake. It was the SPRINT kicking I was uncomfortable with. In general I have a strong kick so I never really try to hard but when it came to those 50s kick; I went ALL OUT. I was a little above and a little below 5 minutes for all 3; good enough. The last part of the main set had me do 4x250s as 200 FAST and 25 Easy. Well; lets just say I went ALL OUT FAST the whole entire 225 and got so close to smashing the 4 minute mark. Oh well; at least I descended them. So yeah; that's just from today. I've learned to LOVE stepping outside that comfort zone so I can be successful as I get more hungry to be serious and become faster and stronger.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

Coming Up...

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition