Recovery Week...

It's been only 6 days since I finished the New Jersey Marathon and I'm very much missing all the feelings and emotions of marathon running (and training, sort of). I've had most of the week off of training; basically it's been recovery week to the fullest. The ONLY workouts I've done are ones I begged Heather for. I asked to do at least an easy swim and two easy rides. The swim was a 1000 my choice. I was very lame and non creative. I did a 200 Free, 200 Kick, 200 IM, 200 Kick, 100 Pull, and 100 Free. It felt good to swim but even by Thursday my body still was NOT fully recovered from the marathon. I told myself to take it easy; and for the first time in forever I didn't go under a 2 minute 100 meter average. On Wednesday and Friday I had a 30 minute to 45 minute easy spin on my bike. I went out both days when the temps were in the 90s. Both days I struggled a bit due to getting acclimated to the heat for the first time this year. Friday was easier physically but harder mentally to get out. It's nice that it's warm now; that way I actually have been getting to ride outside for a change. I have the weekend off as I'm going up to Elkton to visit two of my very good friends. It will be a short weekend getaway but I might as well enjoy it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition

Coming Up...