There's Something...

About having a coach. About having training plans. About having structure. The part about having a coach; it's something special for me. It's funny how I wanted to blog about "having a coach" and now I can't even come up with words. Of the four coaches I've now had since 2007; whether individually or part of a club; she's the BEST one I've had. She doesn't have a huge load of athletes to my knowledge, so she takes time to really individualize each of her athlete's plans. Speaking of plans; I LOVE my training plans. The specific workouts I get challenge me; whether it's swimming, cycling, or running. Even though during a week of training I do the same sport week in and week out; the variety in my workouts keep everything interesting. Then there is a the part about having structure. That's why I needed a coach; I was in need of structure. Otherwise I'd be laying on the couch not knowing what to do and I'd be totally unmotivated to train. I dunno; this blog post is a big dud since I can't find words and ideas to express. The next week and a half is pretty laid back being taper time for the New Jersey Marathon but I'll take it since I've worked real hard to get to the level where I'm at.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition

Coming Up...