The Past Week

I've been meaning to blog all week long; but I haven't had the chance to yet. I'll blog more; hopefully tomorrow at some point, but it's been an up and down week. A week ago I swam at one of my all time favorite masters swim meets; the Albatross Open, which takes place at KSAC (Kennedy Shriver Aquatic Center) and it turns out I had a pretty good meet. I swam to an all time BEST in the 50 short course meter breaststroke with a time of 50.69. I have to keep telling myself that swimming the 200 short course meter butterfly in 3:31.87 is pretty decent; in fact swimming the event is pretty awesome in itself. The highlight of the meet was swimming the 400 short course meter freestyle in the wrong lane but correct heat in a time of 6:29.20. This past week has followed with 3 swims down, 2 bike rides down with 1 to go, 3 runs down with 1 to go, and 2 days of strength training, oh and my rest day (of course). The 3 swims were tiring on my body having sprinted all week. The 2 bikes rides so far have been on the trainer but hoping to get outside tomorrow for the last one. My runs have super fast and speedy; something that has been known to be the "new normal". I'm hoping that even though my run nutrition will be a little different than normal tomorrow; I'll have a successful 17 mile run in the am. The strength training is going surprisingly well. Feeling stronger and bit more balanced each time I go through the routine. But anyways; much more it the next few days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

Coming Up...

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition