15 Miles Later...

I'm still GLOWING and it's two days later. There's just something about that pace. Where did that come from? How did I manage that? I mean that was 15 MILES of running. I got a late start with the run because of work so I didn't start till nearly 3 in the afternoon. I made EVERY excuse NOT to run but I ran anyways. I ran from the top of the Capital Crescent in Bethesda all the way to Union Station in Washington DC. It was a cool and cloudy afternoon but it was perfect running weather. As I ran down the Capital Crescent I was worried that I'd be alone; which sometimes scares me, but thankfully there were so many people out riding or running. When I got down to Georgetown; at the end of the trail and into DC, I had to dodge all the tourists walking around. For as much chaos as there seemed to be; this run cleared my head. I guess it cleared my head so much that I didn't realize how fast I was running and how sorta consistent my pace actually was. Since it was nearing sunset time once I got to the National Mall; I got to see DC in a different way I had never seen before. The street lights were coming on and it was just so peaceful and beautiful. Once I got to Union Station is was starting to get dark so I was happy my run was over. I then did the normal metro back to Bethesda. I still don't believe this run. I still can't imagine that my average pace was what it was. Yesterday Heather had commented on my run from TrainingPeaks and she was impressed, probably with my pace but definitely with my progress and improvements I've made during the offseason. I guess all those time I go to track at 5:30 am is really paying off. Lets hope my remaining training runs are like this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition

Coming Up...