So Proud

Of this run from the morning. I was told not to go do my run outside but there was no way in anyone's land I was doing 11 miles on the treadmill. I did 8 on the treadmill two weeks ago and that made me go insane. The temperature was 15 and the wind chill was around 3; but I got out the door. Since I get hot easily; I only wore lighter layers on top. I had a sleeveless, short sleeve, base layer, and long sleeve running shirts on. Of course I wore my fleece running tights, fleece lined running beanie, lighter running gloves, Betty Designs socks, and my Mizuno Wave Riders.
I ended up running into Bethesda and around Chevy Chase then back into North Bethesda to my starting point. At first I was a little on the chilly side but knew I warmed up. Physically; the run was very easy but mentally not so much. My average pace stayed pretty consistent throughout the 11 miles. It varied from the low 10s to the mid 11s; as far as minute mile pace is concerned. Going south was the easiest because I had the wind at my back. Coming north was not easy because there was wind and it was not calm. Anytime I felt the cold frigid wind hit my face I wanted to give in and call the Twinster so she could pick me up; but I didn't because I'm tougher than that. BTW I ALWAYS carry my phone with me when I run; just in case. I can't explain it but this run gave me confidence. It gave me confidence to fight through hard moments and pull out on the other side. I became stronger today b =y doing this run. I just really want the training to pay off and be successful at the New Jersey Marathon on April 29th. Did you hear that; I want to be successful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

Coming Up...

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition