Track Thursday

This early morning's Track Thursday was all me; alone pounding my way around the track at Richard Montgomery High School at 5:30 am. I usually run with the DC Triathlon Club Women's Group but since it was going to be cold this morning; they decided to cancel track. I however need to be on top of my workouts; so it was just me and the track below me and the dark sky above me. Since I was free to make up my own workout; I decided to do a 1600- 1200- 800- 400 ladder. Overall I'm pleased with how it went; well with how the 1600, 1200, and 400 but not so much the 800.
At some point in January I have to run either a 5k or 10k; as it's been somewhat ordered by the coach. She wants to see where I'm at after the off season training leading up to the New Jersey Marathon. Honestly; I'm fearful and nervous about doing this. I haven't ran a flat out 5k or 10k in years. I used to be fast and that's what I'm scared of. I know I've slowed down and I don't want to see how much I've slowed down. I used to be able to run 5ks in 24 minutes and 10ks in about 50 minutes. I have no idea what I can run either distance in now. I'm scared brutally of comparing myself to how I performed in the past. Ugh; this is a work in progress.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition

Coming Up...