Simply Amazing

I can't put into words but I'll try. He is simply amazing. I've kept very quiet about the other coach in my life; Stephen, my masters coach with Lane 4 Swimming. Over the past almost two years; has it really been that long, it's what he has done for me. Besides the normal coach duties; pushing me out of my comfort zone and encouraging me when I just don't feel like doing the task that is ahead of me, he's been patient with me. He is very aware of my struggles; unfortunately he sees it most Tuesday and Thursday nights that I swim with masters. Stephen of all people has been the most patient. When I'm at Stone Ridge for swim practice there are nights he walks into the pool and I'm just sitting there crying my heart out. Typically I've had a bad day and I don't want to get in the pool. He'll come up to me and asks me what's going on. As I'm telling him and still shedding tears; he'll remind me that getting in the pool will help. Most of the time he is correct. Stephen and I usually agree to get through warm up; which could last up to 30 minutes, and then go from there. Unlike far too many coaches I've had; he lets me cry it out. When I'm in the pool; same deal, I get to cry it out most of the time I keep the goggles on so no one sees the tears. Maybe I can't say much more about Stephen but I may have said enough to realize something important; I haven't thanked him for this. Now I guess I have something to do on Tuesday night. Oh and a side note; Stephen loves wearing medals around his neck. But that's another story with pictures for another time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition

Coming Up...