Why Is She My Favorite...

I decided to make a list some time ago of my favorite professional triathletes. When it came down to it; of all of them, I only have one. Can anyone guess who it is? I know such a hard question; LOL! The truth is my all time favorite professional triathlete out on the circuit right now is...
In all seriousness it's not just because she is my coach; but a little bit of has to do with that. Heather has been a professional triathlete for at least 10 years if not a few more. She hasn't always been the top professional on the circuit and at all the races. This past 2017 triathlon season was full of mostly top 10 performances when it came to professional women's field at her 70.3 distance races. So she wasn't at the top but she had several solid performances; at least in my point of view. But when it came down to it she was pleased and happy with how her races went. That's something I learned from her; to be happy and pleased with the outcome of my race. She has also made many comebacks this year. The first comeback I saw her make was coming off a DNF (Did Not Finish) at Ironman 70.3 Chattanooga in May to then finishing Ironman 70.3 Eagelman in a respectable 4:44.28 which is really fabulous in my eyes. I was out at Eagleman that day volunteering and it was a HOT one, so I could never fathom racing in that kind of heat again. But the most amazing comeback I think she made was getting back to training and a bit of racing after being hit a by a tractor trailer over the summer. She was able to walk away from it with only some bruises and such and thankfully her bike was ok as well; but it must have been scary to have been out there on the roads alone and have that happen. I admire her for getting back on the bike. I dunno I just really look up to her in general. So thanks Heather. Thanks for teaching me to have good values as an athlete.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition

Coming Up...