Friday Swim

After a good and bad week of swims with L4 Swimming Masters; I had a GREAT swim today. My third swim of the week is always from my triathlon coach. I was concerned that today my body was still recovering and still be shot from Tuesdays L4 Swimming workout where I swam almost 1300 yards of butterfly at practice. Last night at masters I felt defeated only doing 2000 slow yards at a slower pace than normal. I was worried to day my mid distance swim from Heather would be the same.
The main set was very much like a going down the ladder in distance swim. I was not so pleased with the 400, 300, 200, and 100 moderate but I took it in. The paces per 100 meters were not that bad; but I felt I could have pushed harder than I did. The next part of the main set included a 300, 200, and 100 negative split (where you get faster throughout the distance given) and my splits were actually really amazingly fast. Pleased would be a good way to explain how I felt about that.
The second part of the main set then went to a 200 and 100 as fast as you can. I broke 3 minutes and 30 seconds for the 200 which is really good for meters. I was excited that I got my 100 time down to 1 minute and 43 seconds; which might be an all time best during a workout in the meters pool. Last came the DREADED 4 by 150s Pull only using a pull buoy between the legs; no paddles allowed. I was trying to go under 3 minutes for all four of them but I didn't quite hit those splits for two of the four. I'm ok with it; I really am. So all in all not a terrible mid distance swim workout on this Friday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

Coming Up...

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition