Crediting Myself At Monster Mash Marathon

I was debating on writing a full race report for last Saturday's Monster Mash Marathon in Dover, Delaware; but then I realized there was ONE thing I took away from running and completing my NINETEENTH marathon.
I Am Giving Myself credit for my 19th marathon finish. Sure my new buddy and the 5 hour 30 minute pacer Ken helped and encouraged me along that way; but I was the ONE who accomplished a 19th marathon finish. By mile 6 my Gu Hydration Electrolyte Tabs made my stomach upset and I was close to calling it a day. I dumped the electrolytes out of the bottle and replaced it with just water. So then I continued. The country roads were in the middle of nowhere and the sun came out as quickly as it could. As much as I don't prefer to walk; Ken had the small group do a 3 to 4 mile run with a 30 sec to 1 minute walk. It really helped especially when it got real warm outside. By mile 18 mentally I did not want to be out there because of the sun. With encouragement from Ken I was able to pull that confidence out of the bag and finish. At mile 25 I ran ahead of Ken so I could SMASH 5 hours and 30 minutes. I did just about 5 hours and 24 minutes. So I'm giving myself credit for what I accomplished. This is a good change in that my mindset has changed a bit. Wow I am a 19 time marathon finisher. That's AMAZING.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

Coming Up...

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition