Tri Equal Equally Inspiring Team Reflection

Posted this today on the Tri Equal Equally Inspiring Team group today and thought I'd share this reflection...
I've posted alot here no doubt and now that my 2017 Triathlon Season is in the books; it's time to reflect. Grateful for the opportunity to be on the Equally Inspiring Team this year. Grateful to have been paired with a wonderful and supportive coach. From the start Heather told me NOT to worry about my time goals; especially for Ironman 70.3 Atlantic City in which she gets the Genius Award for that. Like any type of long distance training; this was tough on my mind and body. This was my 7th or 8th 70.3 but I'd have to count finisher medals to know the exact number. There were weekends I wasn't sure if I could mentally do a 4 1/2 hour ride followed by an 1 hour run; but I did. My Friday swim workouts seemed Insane but the mid distance and long distance sets helped me so much. I'm thankful for Heather because she helped me find the confidence that I thought I never had. At first it was "Give Heather ALL The Credit" which turned into me giving MYSELF credit for what I was pushing through. What most of you don't know is that I have Diagnosed Depression and Anxiety which leads to negative thoughts and self doubt. I almost pulled the plug many times but even with Heather not knowing alot about me at first she signaled that I shouldn't and I'm sure she's happy I kept at it. I had mornings and evenings I didn't want to train. But I pushed through. I fought the the evil demons and got it done. Between Rev3 Montclair Tri and IronGirl Columbia Tri and of course Ironman 70.3 Atlantic City; I had one hell of a season. The huge change with having Heather is I learned to smile at races and be proud of myself. It's something she didn't tell me but it was something I could pinpoint and pick out that needed to change. Though my performances and results didn't matter I enjoyed each race. I changed mindsets this season and came out successful. I know it doesn't matter what Heather or anyone else thinks but I hope everyone who shared my journey with me is proud of the strides I made. I would do this again and again and hope that each season is as successful as this one. I also hope that just one athlete or coach here is inspired by my story; though that doesn't matter either. If I wrote anymore I may cry and I don't want anyone seeing tears. Grateful and Thankful for this amazing opportunity. Even more grateful and thankful for a new unbreakable bond with a cool coach like Heather.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition

Coming Up...