Its Back...

When I first started being coached by Heather, I decided to make up a notebook to write all my training plans in. Well guess what... it's back. Training Plans once again will in Training Peaks, but I'm a visual person so it really helps to write them out. The notebook will go everywhere with me; just as it always has in the past. The cover simply states "Let The Journey Continue" because in essence of everything; my journey is. The training, being coached by Heather, being accountable for getting my workouts in, and of course keeping that positive "embrace it" and "crush it" can do attitude.
Each week will have it's own cover page; stating the dates of training, how many rest and swim and bike and run days that week (of which each day has a color), and of course a motivational quote or two for the week.
I guess tomorrow kicks off my first official day of training with Heather as MY coach. Tomorrow calls for a 17 mile run in prep for my lifetime marathon number NINETEEN on October 21st at the Monster Mash Marathon in Dover Delaware. I signed up for this race back in April and am very excited about it. First off, it's a small and low key marathon (with a half marathon as well). The marathon attracts about 200 runners which is a nice number compared to when I ran The Marine Corps Marathon last year, which had over 40,000 runners. Looking at all the info about the course; its closed and the aid stations are about every 1 1/2 miles apart. But back to tomorrow; I was thinking of running from Maryland down to and around DC then metro back but because of a 3 pm Washington Nationals game; I'll head to Beach Drive. I'll do the long out and back from Maryland into DC which should give me 10 miles and then will figure out the last 7 after. Must though remember to wear my compression socks, since I forgot them and regretted it last weekend. Onward in this beautiful and amazing journey. I love that I'm now truly coachable. I also really think of how lucky I am to have Heather as my coach for the next year (and hopefully beyond).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition

Coming Up...