Sunday, August 13, 2017

One Week...

It's now one week away and I'm excited and feel really good about IronGirl Columbia at Centennial Park in Ellicott City Maryland. This all girl sprint consists of a .62 mile or 1000 meter open water swim in Centennial Lake, then a somewhat hilly 16 mile ride through parts of Ellicott City and Clarksville Maryland, to finish with a rolling hills 3.5 mile run around Centennial Lake. But in so many ways the performance does not matter so much. It will be about having FUN (cause why else would I be doing this sport) and encouraging the other girls out there on the course. The medal is awesome and I know what I'm doing with it but won't say anything until after the race because it's not going to be mine. "She was on a journey that required her to be FIERCE. She was up for the task." This is my new favorite quote of this journey because it's been true; but more on that later. Np matter what happens at IronGirl; my coach Heather Leiggi can take some credit for what I'm gonna do on Sunday.

No comments: