One Week...

It's now one week away and I'm excited and feel really good about IronGirl Columbia at Centennial Park in Ellicott City Maryland. This all girl sprint consists of a .62 mile or 1000 meter open water swim in Centennial Lake, then a somewhat hilly 16 mile ride through parts of Ellicott City and Clarksville Maryland, to finish with a rolling hills 3.5 mile run around Centennial Lake. But in so many ways the performance does not matter so much. It will be about having FUN (cause why else would I be doing this sport) and encouraging the other girls out there on the course. The medal is awesome and I know what I'm doing with it but won't say anything until after the race because it's not going to be mine. "She was on a journey that required her to be FIERCE. She was up for the task." This is my new favorite quote of this journey because it's been true; but more on that later. Np matter what happens at IronGirl; my coach Heather Leiggi can take some credit for what I'm gonna do on Sunday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

Coming Up...

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition