Not My Best Bike Ride...

I'm not going to beat myself up over this not so great bike ride; it just gives me something to work on. Here is today's bike workout from Heather.
I went to Beach Drive as I normally do for my Wednesday bike workouts. It's a flat course with some false flats that are good little short uphills. The only thing I'm gonna complain about are the 4 intersections with stoplights; which throw me off of course. Back to the workout though. My warm up was pretty easy to do building from HR Zone 1 to HR Zone 2. I was able to do that easily. The problem came during my main set. Unless I'm climbing hills; like I did Sunday in Columbia, it's hard to get out of HR Zone 2 and into HR Zone 3. For the 20 minutes and 15 minutes in HR Zone 3; my Garmin kept beeping at me (because I uploaded the workout into my Garmin) saying I was in too low of a HR Zone. Otherwise, the 5 minutes recoveries were good as well as the 4 by 1 Minute Right and Left Leg spin only. I actually cut my cool down short because it was a LONG cool down and my legs felt good and recovered. So all in all I only did 1 hour and 26 minutes instead of the 1 hour and 30 minutes that was scheduled. NO BEATING MYSELF UP over this. It's a bike ride, it's a fun sport otherwise why do it? Onward in the journey to Ironman 70.3 Atlantic City.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

Coming Up...

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition