I Am Reminded Once Again

Not to freak out and try to stay calm with 20 days to go. I did go nuts yesterday and wanted to pull the plug so bad on Atlantic City. There's one thing that still haunts me and that is my blackout at mile 110 of the bike at Ironman Lake Placid due to terrible nutrition that day. I'm only doing 56 at Atlantic City but it still comes back to me. I emailed Heather and asked if I could pull the plug and of course she said NO. I trust her and now I need to trust my training that I have put in since the early summer months. I Can and Will Do This. I emailed Heather this morning to let her know I'm feeling a lot better today and thanked her for all the support and encouragement. She really is a good coach and mentor and role model to me.
I am reminded by my car magnets of WHY I am still doing this sport 13 years later. Triathlon though is more than a sport; its my passion and life. I make sacrifices that my family and friends sometimes don't understand to get my training in so I can be successful and be happy when I get to the big race I've trained for. Three Ironman finishes has taught me that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE. The good and bad days make victory and the finish line mean so much. Onward to my final weeks of this amazing journey. I hope that this blog post; whoever actually might read this is inspired, whether a triathlete or not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

Coming Up...

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition