All Signed Up...

I am finally signed up all my races for the 2017 Marathon and Triathlon Season. Now I can really get into the business of training and being race ready.
First up on April 30; which is approaching very quickly is the Novo Nordisk New Jersey Marathon. This will be a super special marathon for me. Not just because it's marathon number 18; but I will get to run through my dad's childhood and my Grandma Ruth's life when they lived on the Jersey shore. I have a time goal but if I can get through the marathon without being an emotional wreck I should be just fine.
First triathlon of the season is the Rev3 Montclair Triathlon on June 18. I have missed doing shorter distance triathlons so much. I feel with focus the last few years on the 70.3 and 140.6 distances I'm ready to see how fast I can go in a short amount of time. This is a true sprint distance; 750 meter open water swim, 12 mile bike, 3.1 mile run. I get to race alongside a bunch of my masters swim team friends from L4 so this should be a blast.
It's about time I do an all girl triathlon; haven't done one of these since the early years of my triathlon career. Irongirl Columbia should be a blast on August 20. Columbia Maryland is a great venue for any triathlon. I'm ready to embrace some girl power as I face a challenging 1000 meter open water swim, 16 mile bike, and 3.1 mile run. The swim is flat; lets hope the swim happens unlike last year. The bike and run are somewhat hilly; but if I can take on the hills of Ironman Lake Placid; I can so do this. Excited to race among awesome ladies all morning.
My "A" race for the season; Ironman 70.3 Atlantic City on September 17. This will be my first ever branded 70.3; and it only took 13 years and 8 of the distance to do it. I went up to volunteer and cheer at IM 70.3 AC last year and had a blast. Stephen Del Monte and his crew are super duper amazing and a put on a fantastic race. The 1.2 mile open water swim in the salt water bay should be interesting. The 56 mile bike course should be interesting going on the Atlantic City Expressway and the 13.1 mile run; mostly ran on the Atlantic City Boardwalk should be something of a treat. I'm happy to have chosen this as my first branded half. Can not wait.
To wrap up my 2017 season; I will head up to Dover Delaware and run the Monster Mash Marathon on October 21. This will be marathon number 19. Its a very small low key marathon; but I'm excited to run around the Dover International Speedway to start the race. It should be interesting and I'm looking to really be trained and prepared for this marathon; unlike past marathons.

Comments

Unknown said…
Looks like a great year of running and tri-ing!

Good luck on your marathon.

I am doing Rev Westfields at the end of the month.

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

Coming Up...

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition