Officially Up and Running Again

Since my clumsy yet graceful fall running on Saturday February 18, I am now back to running. Honestly, I was scared to try and run again. I was concerned that my fall caused an injury and that the New Jersey Marathon on April 30th would be erased from my race schedule for this year.
This past Saturday on February 25, I sucked it up and went to the track on a warm and humid morning. I laced up my running shoes and told myself that with others advice to run one loop of the track which is 1/4 of a mile. Well one loop turned into FOUR loops which equaled a whole entire MILE. I didn't by any means take it out but ran a 9 min 19 second mile on the track. The success in the whole thing was that I can safely run again without any pain whatsoever. Since that Saturday, I have ran a handful of times. The furthest I have ran is 3 miles, so I have a long way to go.
On my new-ish toy, my Garmin 735xt I downloaded a quote that is very inspirational right now. I know I am STRONGER than I think. This watch face on the Garmin will lend me a hand when I think I can't do it. I know I can though. I will get through my training and on April 30th when I Run The Shore at the New Jersey Marathon in Long Branch... it will be worth it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition

Coming Up...