Tropical Splash Meet

Today I swam in my first masters meet of 2017. I don't think I've ever had as much fun at a swim meet as I did today. I swam the 50 short course yards breaststroke, the 100 short course yards breaststroke, and the 200 short course yards butterfly. My swim were decent but not great. I haven't really swam the breaststroke events in quite a while. I was pleased with a 46.44 in the 50 breaststroke and a 1:40.64 in the 100 breaststroke. I knew I had a good breaststroke, but I didn't know I had speed in me. After swimming a 3:13.90 in the 200 butterfly, I give the distance a new found respect. My time in the fly was not as fast as it could have been but that's because I psyched myself out before. Because this was a yards meet I thought "it's a shorter pool and it'll be easier to swim". Boy was I wrong. I kept a consistent pace through the eight lengths, but it was tough. After I got out of the pool I actually felt a little sick. Unlike most meets where I get ribbons in all events, I only got a first place ribbon in the 200 butterfly. I was fourth in both breaststroke events. I can't complain because today I worked hard and swam hard and my results showed so I'm pleased.
The real big fun of the meet came that I got to see many swim friends. There were a handful of friends that I was reunited with. But, the one new friend I finally got to meet was this girl Kathleen. She swim on the masters team in Reston Va. I know her through the #swimstory group on facebook. She had watched me swim the 400 individual medley at the Solstice Meet in Germantown in December but we didn't meet until today. I love her to pieces. She had a great meet as well. Did I mention I love masters swim meets? I now can't wait until the Albatross Open at the end of March.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition

Coming Up...