Staying Focused...

Since signing up for Ironman Lake Placid 2016 last Monday... I have lost a lot of focus on what is going on right now... in this moment! Yes... I had a solid race at the Culpeper (VA) International Triathlon this past Sunday... But now all I can think about is Placid in 2016! My 2015 season isn't even over yet... still got Patriots Half Iron in Williamsburg VA on September 12! Patriots Half is my A race for the season... the triathlon I have been training my butt off for since Rock N Roll DC Marathon was over back in March! If the weather for Patriots Half is anything like it was for Challenge Williamsburg Half... it may again be a very long day of swimming... cycling... and running! But... maybe just maybe the weather will be like it was this past weekend... not too hot and not terribly humid... and I can pull off a decent performance! My goal for Patriots Half is to be anywhere under 6 hours and 15 minutes so I can personally be satisfied with my race! Yes... the goal could change as my race goes on... but not just do I want to be proud of myself... I want all from Team Z and all of my family and friends to be proud without giving me grief as to whether the finish time is acceptable or not! As far as Placid in 16 goes... I just have to be patient... because after Patriots Half on September 12... that will be the next race in sight... and boy will I have to be patient!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

Coming Up...

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition