Closing the book on 2013.... Opening the book on 2014

I NEVER thought I'd say this... but I'm overjoyed to be closing the book on my 2013 Triathlon and Running Season! This year was one of my worst years ever in the sport! For the first time in well... forever... my Triathlon season started in May and ended in June! Neither Columbia Triathlon or Celebrating Heroes Triathlon were good performances but at least I enjoyed the process of prepping and racing each of them. My running season started mid January and ended just last weekend! Counting all the road, track, trail, and cross country races I ran through the Montgomery County Road Runners... I had a grand total of 17 races this season... ranging from 1 mile track meet to the 26.2 mile road marathon. Did not qualify again for USA Triathlon Ranking only because I had two instead of the required three triathlons. However... on the running scene through Road Runners... I ended up right off the podium in the Cross Country Series by 1 point placing third in the Female 25 to 29 Age Group... Podiumed in the Championship Race Series in third being one point out of second... and FINALLY I was able to qualify for the Montgomery County Road Runners Participation Series because I had the minimum 16 club races both running and volunteering! I am now looking forward to my 2014 Triathlon, Running, and YES Swimming Season! I am already signed up for The Columbia Triathlon on my big 3OH birthday May 18... Will also sign up for the Celebrating Heroes and ChesapeakeMan Ultra Distance Triathlon! Running wise... many of the same and some different Montgomery County Road Runners club races and most likely will be running the Anthem Richmond Marathon again! Oh and yeah... something I haven't talked about in quite some time now... my SWIMMING season! That's right... I joined the Montgomery Ancient Mariners Masters Team and United States Masters Swimming. My main goal meet for 2014 is United States Masters Nationals in College Park Maryland at the University of Maryland, but I plan on doing may pool and yes OPEN WATER swim meets throughout the year! I will also take the challenge of tracking my mileage for 2014 by doing the Go The Distance Challenge! Back in 2008... when I swam on North Texas Masters in the Big D I raked in 260 some odd miles! In 2014... I'm hoping to get 300! Lastly, I will re-certify as a USA Triathlon Level 1 Coach and continue to give back to a Lifestyle and Sport that I truly LOVE! Here We Go...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

Coming Up...

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition