Both Physically and Mentally...

My tenth season of both competing in Triathlon and Running has been anything BUT easy. The 2013 season has really tested me physically and mentally. For example... physically... it has taken all year long to get comfortable with what is usually a normal and quite easy ten mile runs. Running distance physically... has been a challenge. The problem... I have two marathons this fall. The first one being part of the ChessieMan Ultra Distance Triathlon end of September and the second one and most important one being the Richmond Marathon right before Thanksgiving. Mentally, well that's a whole other ballgame. For the first time in what... at least four seasons... all I want to do is give in... especially at Track Workouts on Wednesday nights. If something seems impossible... I want to quit and give up... at least that is what my mind is telling me to do. I end up sticking it out... but it is hard as heck. Since this my first season is what seems like forever that I've had this trouble and am not doing as well as I usually do... quitting seems like a good option. But... if I do quit... what do I gain? Especially with my two clients... one adult and one youth... both just getting into these great sports. In the end... it's been a rough season... but I NEED to keep going. Here we go...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition

Coming Up...