Making Waves....

After a week of easy swimming and low yardage in the pool last week... this week I got back down to business! A normal swim week calls for a mid distance swim workout on Mondays... sprint intervals or as I call them Huff and Puff sets... and Thursdays or Fridays depending on my schedule calls for longer distance sets! Not just did I follow through on my swim training plan for the week... I made lot so waves and well I surprised myself! Its thanks in part to the core and strength work that I've been doing since January that my swim times have improved tremendously! I'm swimming intervals that I haven't swam since 2008 when I was training for Ironman Coeur d'Alene! It's amazing... it really is! On the mid distance and huff and puff sets... I've made the intervals so fast that I'm only getting anywhere from 10 to 30 seconds rest! On the other end with the distance sets I'm getting seconds closer to reaching my goals of all time fastest swimming... especially in the 500 and 1000 freestyle! I'm excited to see just what I can do in the few months leading up to triathlon season! Love making waves right now! Here we go...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

Coming Up...

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition