Six to Fight For...

It's OFFICIALLY race week! After calming down and really digging inside to figure out what Rev3 Half Full 70 Triathlon means to me... I decided to start a mini series for my countdown! Each day... as I count down to the race... I will share what I'm fighting for using the number of days in the count down! Talking about The Fight... I talk about My Fight Against Depression! Today I count down the SIX most important people I am fighting for in no particular order! * Joe... Let me introduce Joe to y'all! He's known as The Boy! We've been dating for a little over a month know and he's becoming one of my best friends! I can share so much with him that I can't share with anyone else! He's the sweetest and most gentle guy I know! * Julie... The Twinster! She's my own twin sister! I couldn't live with out her and she couldn't live with out me! She is my BEST friend of all time! I rarely get to see her since she's in middle of nowhere Lexington Kentucky... so I make every day worth it so I can see her the next time we get to see each other! * Dad... My Cycling/ Nats Games/ Caps Games Sidekick! Pretty much anything sports... we do together! Most of our time together revolves around the bicycles becuase it's important that we do that with each other! I also appreciate his life advice... whether he thinks I do or not! BTW... He'll be in Columbia on Sunday to see me race :) * Mom... The One Who I Am Deeply Missing EVERY TIME I race! She was the Head Cheerleader of Team Marci... Whether it was at Ironman Coeur d'Alene or at a local small Montogomery County Road Runners Race! I carry the picture of her and I the night after Ironman Coeur d'Alene with me on my race belt race day... just so she's there... with me... motivating me to get to the finish line! * Mary... One of my friends that I have not unfortunately seen in so long! Mary suffers many more issues than I do! She's had a rough life and there's never a day where I don't think about how she is! She's more of a fighter than I am! I admire her for her courage to live with what she deals with! * Most Importantly... ME! I am the one who has to fight the depression ultimately! It's all about how I take the roller coasters that life brings upon me! When I am Up... It is great... But when I am Down... It is tougher than nails! That's why I fight the depression through this great sport that I have been blessed to be involved with for nine years now! As I race Sunday I will think about all six that I fight for when fighting my depression everyday! Here we go...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition

Coming Up...