Racing for Mom...

This past Wednesday marked a year since my mom passed away! It's a been a tough year hands down without her! I miss lots of things that she hasn't been able to do... especially having her come watch me at several races that I have done in the past year... whether they are low key MoCo Road Runners Club races or big name triathlons such as ChessieMan! Though I'm focused on the race I'm doing I tend to have "mommy" moments where even though I carry this picture...
so I can remember that mom is there watching me do a race... I cry because I won't get a hug from her at the finish line and she won't be able to tell her friends and even my friends about how great I did! This morning I race Kaiser Permanente's Pike's Peek 10k
down Rockville Pike from Shady Grove Metro down to White Flint Mall! I have the picuter of her and I attached to my race belt and will race for her once again! Let's hope her cheering from above gives me some enjoyment... speed... and maybe a PR! To my number one cheerleader... This race is for YOU! Love you Mom! Here we go...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

Coming Up...

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition