Bring on 2012.

So as 2011 bids farwell in a few days time... I'm happy to say Bring On 2012! 2011 has been a season of accomplishments with a single PR in the Ironman distance and the most 26.2s my legs have ever ran in aingle year which was 4... where lifetime number 8 came a month after lifetime number 7 and lifetime 10 came 3 weeks after lifetime 9! 2011 was also the year I did a record low 2 triathlons for the year!

But mostly my 2011 season was done for one reson... to show my mom I still loved the sport... after losing her back in late April! All the smiles... the tears... the victories... the struggles... they were all for her! She was my biggest fan and it was hard not having her here most of the season!

As we roll into a new year... and a new season... I am excited for all the possibilities that will come my way! I will continue to do both tris and road racing but will add trail running... and lots of it into the mix! Just like in 2006I dreamed of becoming a marathoner... in 2012 I dream of becoming an ultramarather! But the thing about 2012 that excites me most... I will FINALLY become a triathlon coach and share my passion of the thing I love most to help other achieve someting so great!

with that Farewell 2011 and Bring on 2012...

Here we go...

Comments

Lora Abernathy said…
So sorry to hear about your mom.

Congrats on a great year of racing, though, and on becoming a coach!
steelcityfox said…
Gear question for you: I think I remember reading that you use a Garmin. Which one do you have? I'm looking at getting one to replace my old Polar F6 heart monitor (which does not measure miles) and I'm overwhelmed looking at everything lol. All I really need is something that tracks calories as well as mileage so I stop cheating by 'guessing' my run distance! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition

Coming Up...