Sunday Something... Getting Serious...

So seriously... I'm getting serious... about a few things!

(a)Grad School...
For the longest time... well ok... since my love of books bloomed and I figured out I didn't want to be a traditional teacher in the classroom... I want to be a children's librarian. With my experience of almost seven years at Barnes and Noble and two years on and off volunteering at the library... I think I'd make a good candidate to be a library science grad student at either the University of North Texas... the University of Pittsburgh... or the University of Kentucky... all of which have outstanding Youth and Young Adult Librarianship tracks. This of course means I have to now focus on studying for the GRE... ugh I HATE tests... but I gotta do it! I hope... hope... and only hope... that by the spring of 2013 I will be in grad school!


(b) Training...
With Parks Half Marathon being about a months away... ChesapeakeMan being a month and a half away... and Baltimore being about two months away... I gotta train. I've taken four days off because I've been visiting the sis in Lexington Kentucky... but come tomorrow it's back to the one thing I love doing besides racing... and thats training! Monday will involve an early morning swim and run. Tuesday will involve an early morning at the gym for weights and cardio... then an evening run with Pacers. Wednesday will involve an early morning swim followed by an evening track workout with the MoCo Road Runners. Thursday will be like Tuesday... cardio and weights at the gym followed by an evening run with Pacers. Friday will involve circles around Hains Point on the bike... most likely Zoom (the yellow tri bike). Saturday will involve a swim of some sort... probably a two mile for time again. Sunday will be an early morning long runish of some sort since I have my end of the summer cookout in the afternoon!

Sound like a good plan for getting serious?

Here we go...

Comments

Tom said…
If you end up at UK, you HAVE to do the Bluegrass 10K in July. I've been running it for years and it's always one of the highlights of the year for me! PS - You missed a great one this past weekend. DUthe2 Duathlon in Woodbine, MD, was the best organized event I've ever done and was a lot of fun on a tough course. Look for it next year!

PS - As a few commenters said last week - don't assume that just because we don't comment much that we aren't reading your blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition

Coming Up...