Pulling Out...

After what was a great day... running a consistantly paced 10k 6 days out of National 26.2... taking a nice 14ish mile recovery ride on the bike... and getting together with one of my Pacers buddies Melissa at Panera... I had ot do the hardest hting of my life... PULL OUT of a race... Mooseman 70.3... something I have never doen before. It just wasn't going to happen... the money wasn't there. It's a painful experience to pull out esp when you have so much passion and hunger for the sport like I do. Life will go on... it just may take a few days to let it settle in... and I might need lots of hugs from those around me. That's all I can say for now about this. The good thing about all this is I'll be set to do the Chesapeake Man Ultra Distance Tri... an independent Iron Distance on the Eastern Shore... in September now... which means I will get my 4 marathons in this year... YIPPIE!

5 Days till National 26.2... who's ready?

Here we go...

Comments

krystyna47 said…
The new plan sounds better than the old one -- I wouldn't worry about rearranging the schedule. I make mine for the next season, am obviously 100% eager about it, but should things turn up, I just take it as an opportunity to make an even more insanely awesome schedule and gear up for that awesomeness instead!! Good luck, have fun!! :D
Tri-James said…
Just some bumps in the road.

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition

Coming Up...