Running Means... The REAL Philly Marathon Race Report

This years theme for the Philadelphia Marathon was "Running Means... Being Liberated, Loving Yourself, Independence". All of those terms applied to each runner who ran the Maraton, Half Marathon, and Rothman Institute 8k. All 20,000 participants had a reason to be out there kicking asphalt through the City of Brotherly Love.

I think of the theme of the marathon as having a purpose to be running. My purpose changed over the course of the journey. At first it was to try to qualify for Boston... then it became to run it under 4 hours... then during the marathon itself it became to finish the race in any way possible so I could collect my finisher medal. A purpose that I also used when running this marathon was to thank others who have helped me in life and in this journey.

With all that said... that was how I truely KICKED ASPHALT in Philadelphia on November 22, 2009!

Comments

Unknown said…
So glad you found meaning in your run. Finishing is a HUGE accomplishment and you have lots of years to qualify for boston. I am just proud that you tried and even more proud that you finished!
Spokane Al said…
I have been there where we continually modify our goals in a race.

Congratulations.
Mel-2nd Chances said…
great post, and great job meeting your goals!
Rainmaker said…
I hear ya, I know what it feels like to have to keep adjusting the goal posts as you go along. But the key is - you kept on going.

Nicely done!

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition

Coming Up...