Jingle Bell Jog 8k and Spring Marathon Choice

Yesterday I participated in a small local low key "getting ready for the holidays" road race... Montgomery County Road Runners Jingle Bell Jog 8k in Rockville. I got into the spirit of the holidays and tied little jingle bells to my race belt... I definitely jingled the whole way. To be honest race conditions were terrible. When you combine pouring rain, narrow paths, and sidewalks... you are asking for a bad race. All in all I didn't do that terribly bad... but a 41:09 was slower than I anticipated. I guess my body is still recovering from Philly.

Spring Marathons choices have changed. Orginally I was going to run The National Marathon in Washington DC... but it's now only like 12ish weeks away and I'm no where near ready. So I have chosen to run the Athens (Ohio) Marathon April 11 in beautiful Athens Ohio. It's a real small race... but it will be fun going back to that small little town that i'm love with.

More to come...

Comments

Missy said…
Sounds like a great run and a perfect plan! Did you piss off anyone with your bells?
Britni said…
My first half-marathon ever was the Athens Ohio half-marathon, and it was probably one of my favorites!
Rainmaker said…
Very nice on all fronts. An achievable goal out there in the future to keep things cooking.

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition

Coming Up...