Lately...

I hadn't relaized that I haven't posted a long post in such a while. Between working at Barnes and Noble... writing for the examiner.com, training for Philly, and training for Ironman Lake Placid... I guess I don't have the time these days to post up here much.

I've published two stories so far, which can be found here on my examiner page. The truth... I'm not such a great writer... but I'm trying y'all! No one has told me I'm a sucky writer or anything but I feel like I have no talent for it. I just started a series for the newbies and will continue to publish those stories for the next two weeks or so before I get down the dirty subject of the Philly Marathon... which is coming up quickly. As part of my marathon series I plan to do course and race previews, tips for mentally preparing for race day, and a bunch of other fun stuff. So stay tuned for that!

Training is training y'all! My final and what will turn out to be my only 20 of my training happens Sunday morning. I'll do my Bethesda - Chevy Chase Loop, then down the Cresecent to Georgetown, along the Potomac River to Hains Point, around Hains Point once, to then finish off by running up the mall to the Smithsonian metro to metro it back to Bethesda. Sounds painful... huh? After the 20 is done I start my 3 week taper... finally... woohoo! Then it all goes downhill from there until Nov 22. I've managed to make it through my first of 36 weeks of Ironman training without any glitches. I thought I'd be complaining but it's nice to be able to train like a maniac again. All the training has relieved my stress and anxiety. I'm confident that in close to 35 weeks I will be able to show Lake Placid what I am truely made of.

Don't forget to read my examiner.com page once in a while, comment on my stories, and subscribe to my articles!

More to come...

Comments

Liz said…
Marci! Writing takes practice--I don't think anyone is great at it when they start, and I think you're off to a strong start. Just like with running, look to improve every week and don't get discouraged!

Missed you last night at fun run--and you missed me in my costume!!!
Rainmaker said…
Nice write-ups! Quick, to the point and easy to digest.
Missy said…
Training is ... well, training. I'm sure race day will be great.
Mel-2nd Chances said…
Hope your 20 went well today! :) I'll go check out the write up...
Amy said…
You say that in close to 35 weeks, you'll be able to show Lake Placid what you're made of. You will, but keep in mind that you're showing yourself what you're made of right now, by slogging through the long, lonely workouts that will get you to Lake Placid. The IM will serve as your victory lap for an amazing training season — keep it up!

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition

Coming Up...