Double Digits to DC

Just got back from my long run for the week... 10 miles on the dot to be exact. My run took me down the scenic Capital Crescent Trail in Besthesda down into Georgetown... along the Potomac... past the Washington Monument... up to the Smithsonian Metro... to then metro it back to Bethesda. This was a slow and sluggish run but I got her done... and all with a smile on my face. It took two miles to get into the groove but I finally felt like I was getting somewhere. Thank goodness for the water fountain at mile 3 three of the trail... and the Starbucks in Georgetown where I stopped to get a small cup of water. The last three and a half miles after the Starbucks water stop was the toughest being out in the warm sun... but I got it donw. After returning to Bethesda I stopped in Barnes and Noble for a blended Strawberry Lemonade drink... as a treat. With that... I have a six miler tomorrow morning and three miler on Sunday. Let the training continue.

Oh and yesterday I got my first ever manicure... my nails are a very pretty and loud hot pink :)

More to come...

Comments

Kelly said…
I'm so jealous of all the DC people who get to run along all that scenery every day. I just stare at cornfields the whole time!

First manicure EVER? Oh my! Although, I prefer the pedicures. Mmmm foot baths...
ONEHOURIRONMAN said…
I hate to admit it, but I have even had a manicure (but only one). I was exploring my feminine side....
Melissa said…
Nice job on the run! ...sounds like a good route, especially the treat at the end.

Hot pink nails make you run faster, it's a fact. :-)
Mel-2nd Chances said…
Thanks for stopping by my blog! :D hope you enjoyed your manicure. I thought about getting one, but don't want to rip my new wetsuit :/

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

Coming Up...

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition