Half or Iron?

That's the dilema going on in my world right now... do two halfs or one iron next year. I travel to Lake Placid in less than three weeks to volunteer and more important support friends. But going through my mind is what to do the following Monday... whether or not to sign up for IM Lake Placid 2010. I really want to because doing an Ironman is the most amazing experience in the world... trust me. But I have those around me that don't support my idea of doing another IM until a few years down the road. I could always do two half irons instead... but it's just not the same! What to do... what to do?

More to come...

Comments

Kelly said…
Of course, go with the full Iron. Screw what other people want from you. Train and compete and enjoy it!
ONEHOURIRONMAN said…
Go with IMFL. You wont have to train as hard since it is cool and flat.
Rainmaker said…
I think it depends on what your world looks like over the next year. If you see the time for training at the Ironman level (which you already are familiar with), then go for it. But if you feel like you enjoy branching out into smaller, more local races and having and adhoc schedule - then skip the Ironman and enjoy a more casual race schedule.

Just remember that in the end, your physical and emotion health over the course of the training season are most important - so pick something that you'll truly be happy with.
Missy said…
Balance, whatever you can do to keep balance in your life. If it's not an ironman, go for half BUT don't go into your IM with too much on your plate where you can't give it your all. It's a lot to give, you know that.
Amy said…
Oh, c'mon. Is this a serious question? Unless there's some other reason you're not telling us (your schedule or something), screw what everyone else says and does and follow your freaking heart!
Shelley said…
Yes..go for the full!
Unknown said…
I think you answered your own question when you said "I really want to... but those around me don't support my idea". Live for you sweetie! :) I saw go for it. Kick the race's ass. And then thank your non-supports for challenging you. Just my $0.02!

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

Coming Up...

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition